1.2 DATA CONTROLLER
All data provided and gathered by The Waiting Game is done so done so as a ‘data controller’ under the data protection laws. We only collect what is needed and that we are lawfully able to collect and is held in accordance with all applicable Data Protection Laws.
1.3 WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED & HOW IT IS USED
In order to operate we must process personal data relating to both clients and our employees – both permanent and temporary, as well as suppliers. Below is a list of the information we may ask for:
- Personal contact details (e.g. name, email address, contact number and address) for correspondence, bookings, and establishing/fulfilling contracts
- Any additional information, such as trade references, additional personnel data, data required for invoicing and for sub accounts, where necessary, and any other miscellaneous information through communications for individual assignments
- Marketing – from time to time we may use your data for marketing purposes, via email, telephone or mail to contact you with offers etc. We will always provide an opt-out option when doing so which will not affect your service with us
Employees & Applicants:
- Personal contact details (e.g. name, email address, contact number and address) for communication, registering and providing services
- CV’s – details of education, employment history, bank details, National Insurance number, passport and any other relevant employment information in order to check your right to work and to be able to pay you for your services
- We may also collect and collate sensitive information such as health (both physical and mental), racial or ethnic origin, religion and/or other sensitive information through interactions and communications during your time working for us
- Any other miscellaneous information that you pass onto us with your application or through email correspondence thereafter
- Personal contact details (e.g. name, email address, contact number and address) for correspondence
- Miscellaneous information through email/phone communication
- Cookies – we use these to recognise your device and provide a slicker service
- Information regarding your Social Media through interactions and activity with our channels
1.4 WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are required to collect and use your personal information for both employment and trading in order to fulfil our duties as an employer and business. We use this information for the legitimate interests of the business in order to maintain contracts and administer our business, whether that be in providing work finding services or taking on assignments
1.5 WHERE WE OBTAIN INFORMATION
The information is primarily gathered through direct contact with you directly but can also be obtained through methods mentioned above (e.g. social media, external references and web use)
1.6 CONDITIONS OF PROCESSING
We process personal information for the purposes of our contract with you. This also applies to potential contracts (for clients, suppliers and for staff) where information is gathered before entering into a contract for legitimate business interests (e.g. pre-assignment vetting) and in order to function effectively as a business.
1.7 WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
The information gathered by us may be accessed by our office staff and where necessary we shall share relevant personal data between clients and staff on assignments.
Your data may be shared with carefully selected third parties where necessary, for example, IT support services, audit, legal and vetting services.
We may also share your information with other third parties such as reference and law enforcement agencies, where we are required to do so by law.
1.8 TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (‘EAA’)
We do not typically share data outside of the EAA, however where necessary we shall maintain the same level and standard of privacy protection even where the local laws do not exist and ensure the recipient also maintains these standards through contractual means.
1.9 HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
We will only store data for as long as necessary. All personal data will be retained for 7 years from the date of expiry on the contract.
We take the security of data seriously and work to keep it as secure as possible. All information is stored on secure computers and cloud-based storage. Where possible we encrypt all of our data for further security and to guard against unauthorised personnel. All hard copies are received they are transferred to digital copies and securely destroyed.
We undergo periodic reviews of our security polies and practices to ensure they are secure.
Please be aware that unfortunately the transmitting of information via the internet or email is not completely secure and so we cannot guarantee the security of your data wen submitted to the website or from third parties and therefore it is done so at your own risk.
1.11 YOUR RIGHTS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION CHOICES
Under the Data Protection Laws you as an individual have the right to:
- Request access or copies to the personal information stored by us about you by contacting email@example.com, with GDPR in the subject heading
- Request any inaccurate date is rectified
- Request your personal data be deleted – please be aware that there are occasions when this is not possible under the certain obligations and legal requirements.
- Restrict the processing of your data – this enables you to suspend the processing of your data if you are concerned about the accuracy of data or how it is being used
- Data portability – you may request that the information be transferred to a third-party data controller
- Object to the use of your data – You may withdraw your consent to receive marketing information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with GDPR in the subject heading
- Raise a concern about the use of your data.
For further information please refer to the Information Commisioner’s Office (ICO, https://ico.org.uk/)
If you have a complaint with the way we have handled your data, you can raise your concern to the ICO in the UK or contact us for further assistance
1.12 CHANGES TO POLICY
We regularly review our processes and have the right to update and amend it. All changes will be made here and posted to the website for ease of access. This notice was last update on 15 March 2022.
Policy Review Date: 15 April 2024
1.13 CONTACT US
The Waiting Game (Bristol) Ltd – ICO Registration number ZA487247